Friday, February 19, 2010

Ah, L.A. you've welcomed me well

hello, this is my first attempt at a blog.
sort of. i suppose xanga counts all those years ago before myspace and facebook took over, and then facebook beat up myspace and is standing over it waiting to poke it with a knife for the final death blow. i can't promise I'll have perfect grammar or spelling, though i do hold dearly to those ideas...but I'm lazy...you'll be lucky to get daily posts out of me...but this just seems like a fun way to keep in touch with people, and keep them updated.
I'm hoping to also do video blogs as well...so we'll see what happens.
right now I'm in L.A.

L.A. is so far, pretty awesome. I didn't think I would enjoy it much, but it's pretty rad. Last night, we landed in LAX and scampered around to baggage claim, to of course, claim our baggage...after completely that task yet leaving our emotional baggage checked, we scampered about searching for Super Shuttle. While on hold with Super Shuttle not the phone I found a woman in a blue coat with Super Shuttle written on her back, thus I hung up the phone. with in 10 minutes of that conversation we were loading a van with a large amount of luggage and piling into the van heading towards my friend Heidi's apartment in downtown Hollywood! In the van there was a guy from Australia who had been visiting the US for 9 months so far, he gave us two words of advice: "Say yes to everything." and "Visit Byron Bay(in Australia)." Also in the van was a college professor from a school in New York city from London. She teaches English of course, and was a wonderful lady who didn't give so much advice as much as confirmed our suspicions of fun to be had.
It took us about an hour or so to get from LAX to Heidi's apartment but we got in and settled down, and then went to eat at a Chinese restaurant, which may have been the best Chinese food I've ever had. We then headed back to the house for slumber party for a year day 1. It was crowded, but I slept decent on the couch.
This morning I woke up and Scott and Jackie headed off with their friends somewhere north of L.A. that I lack the skills to even google for correct spelling. Then Tim and I went for coffee, I of course got a hot chocolate due to my hatred of said coffee, but had a good morning. We then came back to the apartment just to let our muffin's settle...I had a triple chocolate muffin. During that time, I logged on to Netflix via my computer and watched the last 20 minutes of the season finale of Dexter season 2. Then Tim and I just walked down Vermont Ave. and Hollywood Blvd. We went into various shops and Goodwill of course. Our last stop was to American Apparel, all together awesome! The first face I saw walking in was Jennifer Carpenter, who plays Deb Morgan on Dexter. I was so taken aback because I literally just saw her on my computer screen not more than 40 minutes prior. We both cordially smiled and then I walked one way and wasn't paying attention and she had walked another way and I bumped into her. I smittenly slipped out a "sorry" that sounded more like a "shmorry?" with a definite stare of admiration. She smile/giggled and said excuse me and walked off to the dressing room. I quickly texted a friend, because come on, we all have that friend we text our "OMG! 'this' just happened" moments.
Tim and I walked back to Heidi's and chilled for a bit, I spent my time creating this blog and beginning this very post, then hunger set in and we walked up to the grocery story and bought some sandwiches and I bought soda's and chips for Heidi's game night that she is hosting at her place tonight. Fun shall ensue!
also this is my first video blog that I recorded this morning...enjoy...

skill and better posts to follow.

I'll return a little later limited,
Shawn M. Whitworth

2 comments:

  1. Will is waving at you and saying, "Hey, Uncle Shawn!!!" He thinks your video is skype. So cute! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog! and love the sighting... sorry i keep missing your call... dagnabbit! Hurry up and catch up with Dexter all the way to this past season... AND did you know that Deb Morgan and Dexter are married in real life... its true! it was in People! Love you! - this is written like Uncle Rick wrote it.. but it is not! It is Aunt Becky.. just did not feel like opening a account! shhhhhh!

    ReplyDelete